Bake with Pilmico Flour: Ube Cheese Pandesal
It’s been a year of craving… Do you know how to bake your own Ube Cheese Pan de Sal at home? Here’s how!
400g Sun Moon Star Bread Flour
6g Instant Yeast
20g Full Cream Powdered Milk
80g Ube Powder
1. Place the instant yeast in a bowl, followed by the flour, then the salt, sugar, and other dry ingredients.
2. Attach a dough hook to the mixer. Secure the bowl unto the mixer.
3. Run the mixer at speed 1 for 30 seconds, then slowly pour in the water.
4. When all the dry ingredients are fully wet, turn off the mixer.
5. Add in the butter/margarine onto the dough.
6. Run the mixer at speed 4 to 5, or medium speed for 5 minutes.
7. Turn off the mixer to scrape dough pieces and stick them onto the lump of dough.
8. Run the mixer for another 5 to 10 minutes, or until the dough has been developed.
9. Rest the dough for 10 minutes on your work table, covered by a bowl.
10. After resting, cut the dough pieces to +/-30 grams.
11. Round to dough balls. Rest for 15 mins.
12. Flatten the ball and put enough ube halaya, and cheese cube in the middle, and seal.
13. Roll in breadcrumbs, and set on greased pans.
14. Let rise for 30 to 40 minutes, or check with indentation test.
15. Bake at 180°C, until golden brown, or until underside shows a browned circle (swelo).