How Pilmico is responding to COVID-19
We in Pilmico have always put the health and safety of our customers and partners our top priority.
With the increasing concern regarding the COVID-19 virus, we have been carefully monitoring the situation, learning and adapting as new information is made available. With this in mind, we have put in place precautionary measures to ensure all our stakeholders – team members, customers, and partners – are protected.
Keeping our Partners safe
- All face-to-face meetings and events nationwide have been suspended. We have moved all interactions with our team members and customers in the virtual space.
* Please be assured that our teams are equipped with the necessary tools in ensuring coordination with customers will
continue albeit through remote participation.
- We have implemented a work-from-home arrangement for our team members across all sites with the exception of a skeletal workforce in our plants and farms.
- Thorough sanitation and disinfection are continuously being done in all Pilmico sites and facilities. In addition, proper sanitation and thermal scanning are required before entry to any of our premises.
- As part of our information campaign on COVID-19, important updates are sent daily to team members. We have also set up a microsite that includes relevant government updates, necessary procedures in cases of PUI and PUM as well as guidelines and tips for team members working from home.
- To support our team members and their families, we have provided financial assistance through the early release of the March 31st payroll as well as their 14th-month pay.
Efforts to ensure business continuity
We would like to assure all our stakeholders that we are doing everything in our capacity to make sure the health and welfare of our customers and partners are prioritized while continuing to serve your needs, effectively.
Business continuity plans are in place and we continue to operate business as usual with a skeletal workforce to meet customer requirements. Our plants are prepared to modify operations, giving customers options that still allow us to deliver essential needs.
We recognize that the situation is very fluid and there are still some uncertainties with the enhanced community quarantine. Thus, we are conscious that changes in government announcements may affect our business operations. Rest assured that when this happens, we will make the necessary adjustments to our operations in a timely manner and update our customers accordingly.
Our 907-strong Partners nationwide is the lifeblood of Pilmico. We would like to thank them for their continued dedication as we continue to work diligently in ensuring food supply sustainability, even in these challenging times.
For our customers:
We are happy and proud that Pilmico remains COVID-free! We have every intention of keeping things this way.
We are with you in this challenging time, and we can assure you that in the crucial period after the lifting of Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ), we will continue to prioritize everyone’s safety, while making quality products consistently accessible.
The hard work of all our team members and partners allowed us to operate business as usual. The coming weeks may be filled with doubt about what’s going to happen, but our plants are prepared to adjust to the new normal. We in Pilmico remain committed to delivering your essential needs.
The times are tough, but we want to assure you that we are doing everything in our capacity to serve your needs effectively.
Despite the challenge that COVID-19 brought upon us, we are here with you for the long haul – loyal to our promise of being Partners for Growth.
For for our suppliers:
We want to thank you for continuously helping us keep Pilmico COVID-free. As we all follow our safety and security protocols, we ensure not only our wellbeing, but our partners’ as well. With that, let’s all continue following these safety measures:
- Digital is the way to go! Face-to-face have its own charm. However, holding our meetings and events online strengthens our distancing measures and keeps us and our loved ones safe.
- Let’s stay connected and productive. We’ve also seen the great potential of virtual work and we encourage everyone – including suppliers, clients, and other external partners – to conduct all engagements online.
- We want our Partners to remain safe. This is why after the quarantine is lifted, we will undergo several phases of Return to Work implementation. This includes the already in effect work-from-home arrangements for all our team members across all sites, with the exception of a skeletal workforce in our plants and farms. All team members will also be given protective gears and sanitation tools, with the addition of full PPEs for high-exposure/risk personnel.
- We want to catch up with everyone, but no visitors allowed for now. As much as we want to see you again, everyone’s safety is top priority. To do this, we’ll have to restrict building and facilities access and no visitors will be allowed for now.
- Safety first at all times. Delivery personnel will not be allowed access to the building. Instead, there will be a staging area where the concerned employee can receive the delivery. Social distancing, regular sanitation, and use of PPEs will be implemented in these staging areas.
We look forward to developing better and quality solutions with you, as we continue being Partners for Growth.
Keep safe, Partners!