Bake with Pilmico Flour: Churros Recipe
Restaurant-style churros at home? Why not! Craft this popular Spanish dessert right at home with our Wooden Spoon 1kg All-Purpose Flour and farm fresh eggs from Pilmico Farms.
112.5g (½ bar) Butter, Unsalted
30g White Sugar
3g Iodized Salt
200g Wooden Spoon All-Purpose Flour
3 large Pilmico Farms fresh eggs
1tsp Cinnamon Powder
1. Bring to a boil a mixture of water, butter, sugar, and salt, and then remove from heat.
2. Add Wooden Spoon All-Purpose Flour, and mix until it forms a single lump
3. Transfer mixture into a mixing bowl. Using a paddle attachment, mix until lukewarm.
4. Add in the 3 eggs one by one.
5. Transfer in a double XL thick plastic piping bag, with large star tip.
6. Place flat on a tray, then chill in the refrigerator. Be careful not to push the batter to the edge of the bag.
7. Chill for 20 minutes, or until the batter does not flow out of the tip too much.
8. When chilled, arrange the batter back in piping form.
9. Heat frying oil in a deep pan, ideally the oil should be around 4 inches deep.
10. Ready a kitchen scissor by dipping the blade in oil.
11. With one hand, pipe out 3 inches to 4 inches of the batter on top of the frying oil. Do not position too high from the frying oil, so as to not splatter the oil.
12. Turn the churros as needed. Fry to a golden brown.
13. Place the fried churros on kitchen paper towels to drain the excess oil.
14. Roll on to mixed sugar and cinnamon powder.
15. Serve and enjoy!